Thursday, November 8, 2012

Missionary feelings

One of the great joys of this calling is listening to the missionaries share their story, their conversions, their lives, their feelings.  Last Sunday was testimony meeting and there is never a wasted minute. They pop up one right after another....
I have mentioned that this group comes from 18 different countrieswith names that are very difficult to pronounce and many of them struggle with their English.  Here are just a few of the expressions made as they bore their testimonies.
 
From Germany:
When I was 19 I finished my work experience.  It perfect time for mission.  I didn't want to go.  I didn't need it.  Over time father was less active, mother drifting away.  Six months ago I knew I needed to go on mission and be example.  Stake President said my family will be blessed.  When set apart, I was told about my family.  My father said he proud of me!
 
From Russia:
Have so much thought in head. Can't say it.  Felt born again here.  Have little seed -- it grow bigger here.  When I leave mission I be strong tree!
 
From Hungary:
My mom say to me it very hard her, but she know it bad decision if I don't go.  Sister in mission, she write to me mission is really COOL!
 
From Finland:
My heart beating so fast some say it not safe! 
Heavenly Father know me and what we need and when we need it.
 
From Russia:
Have faith that I speak English one day.
 
From Norway:
Two year ago I depressed.  My father strong man.  He bishop.  Father told me read Book of Mormon and pray.  My faith grew.  Decided on mission -- so scary.  Hard to be here but I good.
 
From England:
My friend asked me why I am going on a mission.  I said that in this world you need hope and purpose and I trust God.  My father has MS. When I return he probably won't be able to walk.  He told me that because of his faith he is becoming stronger through his trials.
 
These are remarkable young people


No comments:

Post a Comment