Monday, September 17, 2012

missionary letter

When the missionaries leave this MTC we give them a self addressed envelope and ask them to send us a picture and letter about their first baptism.  And....there is hardly a day that goes by that we do not hear from someone.  Most of them are glowing.  They express love for the work and love for the new convert.  Once in a while we receive one that is worth repeating.....like this one....

Two weeks ago my bike got stolen in front of us. We tried to catch up but he was too fast obviously.  I said a prayer and prayed for guidance.  After a few minutes we saw the man walking with the bike. We ran to him and got the bike back without using force. (The reason he was walking was because the pedal had fallen off).  He was really surprised that we didn't punch him in the face.  The first thing he said was, "I'm really surprised you didn't punch me in the face".

We said "bye" and thought that was it but later that night we saw him again and taught him in the chapel.  What I like most about this story is that later he explained it was the way we acted.  I'm really grateful for this experience.  It taught me that sometimes it's not what you say but how you act.

......a good lesson for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment