Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Olympic Torch Run

The Olympic Torch is making it's way across the United Kingdom on it's way to London and on Friday, June 1, it came through Chorley.....and guess who was there to see it?!*
It was 7:20 in the morning but no matter.  We went early enough to get a front row place on the curb.  There were morning festivites that included a band, and vehicles carrying dignitaries and lots ofriends and neighbors.
 For me it was 'de je veu' and very exciting.  It brought back so many memories of the moment that stood still in time when I held my torch and floated down the street amid the cheering crowds. 
 We know nothing about the young man that carried it through our little town but we know that it was for him it was a 'once in a lifetime' experience. 
 I have often chuckled thinking of all the pictures that were taken the day that I ran --  I could hear them then and I can hear them now saying, "I wonder who in the world that woman was but what does it matter, because the torch was beautiful!"
         Honestly I can only say that it was all so exciting -- and such fun.  Let's face it!  I love hype!!!
And policemen on horses!  How British!

1 comment:

  1. Talk about once in a lifetime....for you twice! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete